Friday, October 17, 2008

No Blog Today











I am not feeling ambitious today and figured it's Friday, I'm not going to blog. Nothing to blog about anyway, since I'm too busy teaching Charlie and Cashmere to do tricks. I was inspired by a YouTube video of rabbits doing all sorts of tricks, and I thought, "Mine couldn't do that!" but I decided to start simply, by having them stand. They got it, all right - I couldn't get them to stop! As soon as I got home, they would stand up, waiting for a treat. So I acquired a small hoop (actually a child's frisbee ring that was sort of pay for a gig) and taught them to jump through it. "Hah!" I thought, "they can't demand treats from me now! I control the hoop!" And do you know what they do now? They go and stand beneath the table where the hoop is and look up at it wistfully. Yesterday they were doing that before work, so finally I gave in and said, "Okay, ONE jump through the hoop!" When I put the hoop back on the table, Cashmere makes her "snotty teenage" sound: "Uhh!" and stamps her foot, just to emphasize the point. So the hard thing about teaching rabbits tricks is not actually teaching them to do tricks but getting them to stop!

Charlie isn't quite as bad about that, but he is terrible about begging. No matter what I am eating, he comes up and begs for some. Heck, even my little goldfish at work come to the edge of the bowl and stare at me whenever I eat a carrot, because they want some. What does it say about me that all my pets know how to beg for treats? It's probably a good thing I have no children!

That's about all I have not to say.

Famous Hat

No comments: