Monday, March 4, 2013

The Best Burger Ever


Thought for the day: my office mate Light Bright and I must be handymen because we sure work with some tools.

Yesterday I had the best burger ever. It was at the Fountain on State Street, and it was the most perfectly done medium rare I have ever eaten. It was the Black and Bleu burger with Cajun spices and blue cheese – mm! (Note to my vegetarian readers: all their burgers are available in vegetarian options as well.) Travalon and I were there listening to live jazz, and there were a lot of tenor saxophones this time, and only one trombone. (The trombone is my favorite instrument since I saw an awesome trombonist at Preservation Hall.) There was one guy playing a small saxophone, prompting the jam session leader to call it the “baby sax” and to say, “It’s not the size of your sax…” There was even a guy playing the flugelhorn.  There were some really great bass players there too. It was not quite like being back in New Orleans, but it was still a lot of fun. The bartender there even remembered that we had gone to New Orleans! What a friendly place. 

Famous Hat

No comments: