Monday, April 24, 2017

Lovely Spring Weekend


I hope my readers got to get outside and enjoy this gorgeous weather! Friday a friend had bought tickets for us for a concert, but they were actually for the show on Thursday, so we had all missed the show. Travalon and I went out to dinner with him to cheer him up, but then Travalon’s alternator died so he was the one who needed cheering up.

Saturday Travalon and I went to the rental car place where he works, and he got a car for cheap with his employee discount. I met Tiffy downtown and we ate lunch outside, then we went to Olbrich Garden. In the evening we met some Slow Food people for dinner at an Indian restaurant, and we ordered so many appetizers and types of naan bread to share that by the time our main courses arrived, we were stuffed. I had a bite of mine to see how it tasted and took the rest home. In the evening Tiffy and I went to a Baroque music concert at an Episcopal church. It was lovely, but this group usually has two sopranos singing, and for some reason this time they only had one, while the other was in the audience. Too bad – I much prefer duets to solo arias.

Yesterday was so beautiful. After Mass a group of us went to the Lakeside CafĂ© for brunch, and we sat out on the balcony in the sun and listened to the guy from Iran who was at Rich’s Easter dinner tell more fascinating stories. Travalon, Tiffy, and I went to the Hop Garden in Paoli for their anniversary party, and we sat outside listening to live music and enjoying shandies, cheese curd rolls, and chicken wings. In the evening Travalon and I met Mamastep at Ale Asylum so that I could bring her the creations she had made at Fired Up, and we sat outside there too. By then I was a bit sunburned! In the evening after the sun was low, Travalon and I went for a hike at Jackson Landing near our house, then we watched a documentary on Normandy. I want to visit Mont St. Michel so badly! But this time of year, when the weather is perfect and the flowers are blooming, it’s hard to beat life right here in Madtown.

Famous Hat

No comments: