Monday, April 30, 2018

Mini Ukulele



I hope my readers had a good weekend. Travalon and I lay kind of low ourselves. Friday we did run some errands, so we had lunch at Paul’s in Middleton. Travalon bought me a very cute stuffed pretzel from It’Sugar, the most bizarre store ever. In the evening we watched Despicable Me 3, which is just as entertaining as the first two. Saturday Hockey Girl and I went to Olbrich and the Arboretum to enjoy the beautiful weather, but not much is happening yet at either place. In the evening I played my miniature ukulele for Travalon and the panda family, as well as their buddies Dieter the German shepherd and Roddy the black poodle. Travalon asked if I could play “Five Foot Two,” and I said not on the mini uke, the cords are too weird, but after playing the tiny one, it was so easy to play the big one! Travalon says I should go to an open mike night at Mother Fools and play the mini uke. I would probably bring both, since the mini one is a novelty but maybe not that exciting to hear. Yesterday after Mass we went to brunch at the Chocolaterian with Rich and a couple of other people, then we went to the Shoe Box in Black Earth so I could get some new shoes, and then we hiked at the cactus place in Spring Green. There appears to be a new trail there, so that was exciting. We also took a hike around Tiedeman Pond, then we went to Rich’s house so I could play the mini ukulele for him, Kathbert, and his Brazilian roommate who was so instrumental (pun intended) in helping me purchase it from a guy in Brazil. I can already play a few songs on it – maybe someday I will be really good! I will post pictures and maybe videos soon.

Famous Hat


No comments: