Friday, September 25, 2015

Waking Up Rodney


This morning Travalon went to wake up our grumpy old poodle Rodney, to take him on a quick walk before work, but Rodney was having none of it. I heard him growl at Travalon, then I rolled over and went back to sleep. Hard to blame Rodney, since Travalon has to go to work so early on Mondays and Fridays. When I finally did get up at a more merciful hour, Travalon had left me a note asking me to please walk Rodney, but the dog was still asleep. I made some noise and woke him up, but he snarled at me too when I tried to put his leash on him. Only slightly deterred, I pulled the blankets out from under him, so then he sighed and stood up, realizing his stubbornness is no match for mine. We went on a walk and he did his duty, but then I had to leave him. I felt very guilty for waking him up and then abandoning him – why not just let him sleep and sneak out quietly? But he would have needed to get outside when he finally did wake up, and nobody would have been home to let him out. Frankly, I’m surprised that I had no trouble waking up, since I worked out with Richard Bonomo and Luxuli last night, and then we went to Jerkins. They were giving away a free short stack of pancakes yesterday, but we didn’t realize the sweet deal ended at 10, and we got there well after 10:30. Then we left after midnight. Yet this morning I had no trouble getting out of bed… unlike Rodney.

Famous Hat

No comments: