Monday, March 16, 2020

Working from Home


Today was my first time ever working from home, and I didn't have much of a setup. I sat at the kitchen table, and after eight hours of that I really missed my comfortable office chair! We had to log into our instant messaging app right at our starting time, but I was having trouble. When I finally got in, I saw my boss had said, "Famous Hat will be joining us soon," so I said, "Famous Hat the Luddite has finally figured it out." My computer is old and much slower than the one at work, and I couldn't figure out how to do certain things on it, but finally the support guys got back to me and showed me how to log into my work computer from my home computer. Is that ever cool!

The first hour or so I was very cranky because nothing was working right, so Travalon left for a while. Then the dog wanted to go on a walk, so I asked my boss if that was okay, and she said, "Of course - you're allowed to take breaks." That actually cleared my head, as we walked along outside and heard lots of cranes and other birds. No whooping cranes, though. It is actually easier to get my steps working from home, so hopefully things aren't so smooth tomorrow that I never want to go back to working in my office! Just to be on the safe side, since we have no idea how long this will go on, Travalon and I went and got all the plants out of my office. When I'm not there, they don't get much light because the overhead light isn't on.

Travalon doesn't have to work at all, and he's getting paid. We were going to take a vacation to the Bahamas next week, but that seems unwise, given the current situation, so we thought about going to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Even that might be inadvisable, the way things change every day with this pandemic, so maybe we'll just take some day trips like it's a long weekend.

Famous Hat

No comments: