Sunday, September 20, 2020

Halfway Prairie County Park

 

Today I had band practice at 12:30, and I was already grumpy about that, because it's such an inconvenient time right in the middle of everything. In fact, I barely had time after Mass and brunch to get to it... and then my neighbor texted: "Want to go sailing?" Do I ever NOT want to go sailing?? But I had already missed the last two practices due to Tiffy visiting and Travalon's buddy's funeral, so I had to turn sailing down. Then I was so grumpy at band practice that my bandmates probably wished I had just ditched them for sailing after all. Even though we sat outside and were twenty feet away from each other, Hardingfele insisted that we wear masks during the entire practice. That didn't help my mood. Travalon brought me there, then since the zoo is across the street, he hung out there while we practiced. He made this video of the otter swimming on his new phone.


Then we called Kathbert and Richard Bonomo, and all four of us went hiking at Halfway Prairie County Park, which as it turns out is the park right across the street from Indian Lake County Park. There is a two-mile trail that goes between cornfields and woods, and online people said it was a good place to see wildlife, but the only wildlife we really saw were some dragonflies. Travalon did take some pictures of the views with his new phone.



Then we went across the street to Indian Lake and hiked up the hill to the chapel. Halfway up we met a couple we knew, but it wasn't that surprising since they are super outdoorsy. I guess Travalon and I are too, since there are all these random photos of us doing outdoorsy stuff on the internet, like on the canoe rental page for Mirror Lake State Park there is a photo of us in a canoe, which I didn't know until Hockey Girl clued me in. Also, there was a photo of me on the website for Rib Mountain for many years, but I think they did take it down at some point. It's the photo of me on this blog. If any of my readers find any more photos of us being all healthy and outdoorsy, feel free to let me know. At least that's what shows up on the internet for me, not compromising photos, although if there are any of those that exist, even I don't know about them. Anyway, Travalon took some photos from the top of the hill with his new phone. These first couple are of the chapel, which was built in 1857.









So we are pretty tired tonight. I only walked five miles, which is my usual daily distance, but my phone says we went up sixteen flights of stairs, which is eleven more than I usually do in a day!

Famous Hat




No comments: