Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Postman Always Rings Zero Times

 

Today I worked from home, and an email arrived saying my dragon would come today! My neighbor couldn't walk with me in the morning, but she said she'd walk at lunch, and she always wants to go a bit earlier than my usual time, so I went out not long before noon. There was no sign of her, so I called her, and she was out running errands. I saw the mailman and kind of wanted to ask him if he had my package, but I had to be patient and wait for him to come to our place. Had I walked at my usual time, he would have delivered the package before I was done with my walk, but since I was early, he wasn't to our place yet. I went upstairs to have lunch with Travalon; I left the door open a crack to hear when the mailman came to our building, but I never heard anything. I thought, "He should have been here by now!" so I peeked out the door, and there was a package! It was my dragon!


I'm thinking of calling him George after St. George (and the Dragon), but he doesn't really look like a George. I haven't decided yet.

Travalon just watched The Postman Always Rings Twice last night, which he really liked, so when I said I never heard the mailman come into our building, he suggested calling this blog post "The Postman Always Rings Zero Times." So I did.


Famous Hat


No comments: