Sunday, October 4, 2026

Skyview Park

 

This morning at Mass all the cute little girls were there that we always see, like the African Princess and Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music in Miniature. Then we debated about hiking on a closer segment of the Ice Age Trail, but for some reason I got it in my head that Skyview Park, which isn't far from where I used to live, was both the park I saw from the railroad tracks years ago and also the park Rich, Kayhu, and I went to even longer ago, so we tried to find it. It is very hidden and at first seemed to consist of a playground, but there were trails in the woods, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I do think this is the park I saw from the railroad tracks, but it's not the one I saw with Rich and Kayhu. Rich thought that was either Elver Park or Garner Park. It was somewhere on the southwest side of town. Here are some photos from today's adventure.







I went to my drumming lesson, and today the guy who founded the drumming group gave some of us a private lesson. Mine mostly consisted of how to hit the drum. Meanwhile, Travalon took advantage of the beautiful day to go fishing, but there were too many boats going by. Then he picked me up and we went to Yahara Park to enjoy the two-for-one energy bars we got in Delafield yesterday. Mine was so crumbly that I lost half of it on the ground. Then I went to the Slow Irish Session, where I could barely stay awake, while Travalon went to the place off of Fair Oaks to see the train cars. I may have posted some of this graffiti before.








Speaking of train graffiti, here are screenshots from the video Travalon made yesterday in Hartland.








































Some of that is quality stuff. One of the people in my drumming lesson knows how to do graffiti, and she said she'd show me how to do it on small model train cars. I am not planning to put any on real train cars.


Famous Hat


No comments: