Last night after blogging, I decided to use some Amazon virtual gift cards to buy a grabber and a shamrock fanny pack. I want the grabber to pull dead leaves off Greg my dracaena, which is too tall for us to reach the dead leaves ourselves, and I want the fanny pack for Irish Fest next year. I was borrowing a fanny pack from Celtic Lass, and I saw someone at Irish Fest with a shamrock one. I had a $20 and a $10 gift certificate from giving blood, and a $5 for answering a survey, and wouldn't you know the two items cost $34.94? Almost perfect - I guess Amazon is cheating me of those last six cents, since it said my gift cards were used up, but at least I owed absolutely nothing.
This morning Travalon said he is tired of feeling sick, so he was going to Urgent Care, where they gave him antibiotics for his ongoing cough. I had felt fine until getting to work, when I suddenly felt sniffy and was coughing and sneezing. I took an antihistamine, and at first it wasn't kicking in so I was afraid I also had something. Eventually I felt less sniffly but very woozy, fighting to stay awake during the early music concert on campus. After a Bach prelude and fugue in E minor I had to sneak out, since someone had put a 1:00 meeting on my schedule, but my timing was perfect because I saw a train. It had two cars with that "noi" graffiti. Was God telling me that I was right to miss the last part of the concert? At least they record it, so after they post it on Sunday, I can go back and watch it.
Since I couldn't walk at noon, Seabird and I walked at 11 and at 3. During our afternoon walk, we were reminiscing about how we had ice cream at both the Alumni party and the Limnology open house that one day, and I said, "I'm a pig but you're a rat," because those are our Chinese zodiac signs, but she said, "I'm a pig too when it comes to food!"
After work I went to the Lone Girl for the first ukulele strum there since June, and my ukulele was still in tune! There are always two ukulele players who lead the group, sitting up front, but today there was also a bass player and a dobro player. I really loved the sound the dobro added. It's kind of old-school country sounding so it went with the oldies and old-school country songs we sang. Travalon got there in time for our very last song, then he and I had dinner out on the roof, and the waiter remembered us. Apparently in the winter they have those bubbles for people sitting outside that really took off during the pandemic, so we might have to check that out.
As promised, here are screenshots from the train we saw at the park in Waukesha.

No comments:
Post a Comment