Today I left somewhat early to meet Tiffy and our college friend at a creamery on the east side of Lake Winnebago. We were meeting at 11, so I left some extra time for bathroom breaks along the way and got there at 11:02. At the creamery there were baby goats we got to pet, as well as baby chicks we could watch but couldn't touch. We had lunch there, and I had a sandwich with goat cheese, natch.
We went to our college friend's house to pick up her dog Pluto, then we all went for a hike at Ledgeview Natural Area. Shoot, for some reason Blogspot is not letting me post photos right now (although it let me post a random video that I then deleted), so I can't show you the beautiful ledge or the selfie of us in front of it. Hopefully this is a temporary issue... Pluto the Dog took us at a quicker pace than we had planned, so we got quite a workout. There are caves at the park too, but you can't go in without a guide present.
Next we went to the Sheboygan Marsh and took a drive around it, but we were too tired to get out and hike more. We went to Elkhart Lake, hoping to go to the tiki bar there, but everything is closed this week because it's a resort area, and everyone there needs a break after the busy summer. So we took Pluto home and went to Schwartz's Supper Club, where I had the smallest Surf & Turf option available but still took half of it home, and then Tiffy and I split a grasshopper, because what's a dinner at a supper club without an ice cream drink afterwards? Or at least half of one? Since we arrived so early, we got in right away, and that way we could head home in a timely manner.
My drive home was very pleasant. I could see Lake Winnebago spread out before me, under the last glow of the sunset. As I drove home, Venus was before me in the sky. When I was near home, I could smell the tantalizing aroma of the bakery on Highway 151. Everything went so smoothly today, until I couldn't post photos. Hopefully this issue will be cleared up by tomorrow.
Famous Hat

No comments:
Post a Comment