Tuesday, November 28, 2023

I Am Excellent! (Apparently)

 

I forgot to take a picture of the sea turtle mirror I got in the antiques mall in Oconomowoc.


It truly is a mirror - you can see my arm reflected in it. I also didn't take a picture of the T-shirt Travalon bought at Mystic Ireland, but it was a turtle carrying a Guinness on its shell. Not sure where it is now... maybe I can get a photo of Travalon actually wearing it at some point.

I forgot to mention that at the Baroque music concert on Saturday, someone near me smelled wonderful. I generally dislike perfumes and colognes, but this smelled more natural, and very familiar. Was it clove oil? Maybe frankincense or myrrh? I know I've smelled it before, and I don't associate it with either gender, so I have no clue who was wearing it. But that sure added to the experience!

Remember when I was frustrated with being bombarded by nominations for the Staff Excellence Award, and then I was feeling sorry for myself for never being nominated, but in fact I WAS nominated? This afternoon I got an email that I won!! When I told everyone about it on Night Prayer, they wondered if I would get a "major award," and most of us understood immediately that this would be a leg lamp, so I said, "The soft glow of electric sex in the window," but the Dairyman's Daughter was confused because she has never seen A Christmas Story. I can't believe there are people who still haven't seen it - they only show it for like 72 straight hours right before Christmas. While a leg lamp would be very cool, this is a monetary award, and it's pretty generous. I won't get it in time for Christmas, but it will come right before my birthday. What a birthday present from the College! The people who nominated me were my boss, the department chair, and the former chair, whom I have mentioned on here before; for example, he and I discussed psychedelic drugs being used for depression, and how they have to talk the people with no religious backgrounds through their trips. I'll bet he didn't mention that particular conversation on his nomination...


Famous Hat


No comments: