Friday, November 24, 2023

Weed Music and Air Quotes Confetti Reprise

 

This morning Travalon and I visited his mother, brother, and sister-in-law. His brother brought cheesecake, which is definitely a thing I didn't need, but I took a piece anyway. Travalon and I had lunch at an Indian restaurant in Oconomowoc called Mantra, then we participated in the Black Friday nonsense by going across the street to the antiques mall, and I found a bunch of rosaries and a sea turtle mirror. Photos soon. We drove to Greenfield and went to Mystic Ireland, a shop that sells - you guessed it - Celtic stuff, and Travalon got a T-shirt while I got a necklace. Then we hiked at Lapham Peak again, since it was right on the way home. It was much colder today, but still okay if you really bundled up. We stopped to get coffee to brew at Blue Collar Coffee in Delafield, and I had a small eggnog latte at that inadvisably late hour, so we'll see if I can ever sleep tonight. Then we took a very short walk to the bridge behind it over Mill Creek, and when I turned around, there were such interesting contrails around the moon.


While we were hiking at Lapham Peak, I heard a weird, loud squeak, and I cried, "Omigawd, what was THAT?" It was just Travalon sliding his gloved hand along the stalk of a weed by the side of the trail, so he said it was just "weed music." Now if you, like me, thought "weed music" was Bob Marley, the possibility of an actual weed producing actual music might strike you as hilarious, and so I was laughing like crazy when an actual crazy person (i.e., jogger) ran by wearing shorts and probably wondered what my problem was when he was clearly the one with the problem. 

I forgot to mention that on our walk at Jackson's Landing, a second person recognized Travalon's Wolverhampton hat. Who knew there were so many Premier League fans in Madtown?

Not long after we got home, Cali came over, and the three of us walked over to Mariner's for a fish fry. She told us about a bunch of documentaries she thought we would enjoy, so we'll have to see if we can find them, either at the library or on one of the services Travalon subscribes to. It was an early evening, since she was tired, so then I joined Night Prayer. The others were surprised to see me, since usually on Fridays I'm talking to Tiffy, but she's doing family stuff tonight. During the chat after the prayer, I said something about "Captain Andy" who took us fishing in Alaska, how I'd expected him to be a grizzled old sailor but he was young enough to be my son, and I made the air quotes again... and once again Zoom made confetti fall in my square! So it must be the air quotes motion and not the phrase "Quiet Quitting" that triggers the confetti. So we were all trying to do air quotes, but it didn't work for anyone else. I said "Captain Andy" again with air quotes, and I got balloons in my Zoom square, but then it didn't do anything any other time I made air quotes. The others said it must be a setting I have in Zoom, but what setting would trigger a celebration when someone makes air quotes? Is it a "celebration"?


Famous Hat 

No comments: