Friday, December 30, 2011

My Resolve

New Year’s Eve is almost upon us, and people are making resolutions. I don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions since I make them at any time that it occurs to me to do so, but this year I have thought of things I want to improve at just the right time. So here are my resolutions:

1. Finish projects. Of course there are occasions when you cannot help leaving a project unfinished, but I feel like for me it is a way of life. I will try my hardest to finish up at least one of my novels in 2012.

2. Anticipate problems. This is a real weakness of mine, and one I get chewed out for at work all the time. My office mate Light Bright suggested I think of the worst case scenario every time I get a task at work and then prepare to make sure that can’t happen. This sounds like a good plan for everything, not just work.

3. Lift weights. I actually started doing this regularly a couple of months ago, so this is less of a new resolution than a continuation.

Feel free to leave your own resolutions in the comments.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

mamassoudji said...

lite bright is a perfect title!!

i love to use the worst case scenario in planning projects to estimate the time required for completing a task, and then look at the participants to establish a factor to multiply the estimated time required. my children require x2 as in twice as long. working in the developing world, i would multiply by 4. then you aren't so surprised and you make or beat your deadlines:) sounds ultra lite and brite. hmm, now that i see this in writing, it looks corny.

mamassoudji said...

factors in planning