Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Magic of the Marimba

Last night was the final Outdoor Concert, which was billed as "The Magic of the Marimba," but I am sorry to inform you that there were only two pieces played on the marimba, including Rimsky-Korsikov's "Flight of the Bumblebee." Not nearly as much magic as I'd been led to believe! Rich brought a chocolate cake for Anna Banana II and the other July birthdays, but when he pulled out the candles, he realized that instead of saying "Happy Birthday" they spelled out "Happy Easter." So Astrochick and I sang, "Happy Easter to Yooooou!"

A couple of weeks ago Rich and Astrochick were going to the Outdoor Theater for a play about Galileo, and they talked me into going with them although I was feeling a little under the weather. (My cold was just starting that day.) We drove an hour west only to find that the play would be at the new, small, indoor theater which was already full, so they were turning people away. Never fear, I said, I know a really cute restaurant in an old round barn which is just down the road... but they were closed on Monday nights! So we ended up having driven an hour west to go to a 50's-style diner for burgers and malts. C'est la vie.

Here are some undoctored photos Palm Tree Fan took of the sunflowers she bought at the Mid-Week Farmers' Market yesterday. They are such a cheery color! I am unable to attend the Mid-Week Farmers' Market so I can enjoy it vicariously by looking at the photos... and now so can you!




Famous Hat

2 comments:

Richard Bonomo said...

I heard today that they had turned away about as many as made it into the theater. Some considered the situation a bit of a disaster.

Famous Hat said...

Guess they should have had it at the outdoor theater. Or maybe they should do it again sometime... in town! (If it's not outside anyway, why make us drive an hour west to see it?)