Thursday, November 30, 2017

November Photos


Sorry that I haven't blogged in several days. It's our busy time at work, and so the last thing I want to do most evenings is get back on the computer. Travalon and I have been watching old episodes of WKRP in Cincinnati most evenings, but there are only four seasons, and we are almost done, so we'll have to find a new hobby. I do have to say that God is always doing me little favors, like on Tuesday at Taco Night they played a song that seemed familiar, and I wondered what it was but had no idea how I'd ever figure it out... and then yesterday I discovered it was on a CD Travalon bought for me on Small Business Saturday! It's a CD of samba music (yes, I've moved on for the moment from salsa), and the song is "Soul Bossa Nova" by Quincy Jones and his orchestra.

I do have some pictures. This first one is V05 when they played for free at the Overture Center. You can sort of see their disco outfits.


This picture is me, Ethel, and her friend who really did not want her photo taken at the Badger football game.


Travalon and I bought a little stuffed German Shepherd to support the Madison K-9 force, and he named it Dieter. Right now this is the only dog we have.


Here are some not so good photos of animals. In this first one, you can kind of see the owl in the tree we saw while hiking at Holy Wisdom Monastery.


If you look closely toward the top of the tree in this photo, you can see two bald eagles sitting next to each other. They must be mates.


Here is a slightly better photo of the red panda at the zoo. Travalon got way better pictures of it.


And finally, as promised, a photo of my magenta Christmas cactus that is now blooming at work.


Famous Hat

No comments: