Thursday, February 15, 2018

Photos of Groundhog's Day, Rich's Birthday Party, and More


Sorry that I didn't blog about this sooner, but Tuesday Travalon and I went to the East Side Club for their Mardi Gras party. There were so many people there that our food took forever to come out, but it sure was good when it arrived! We had oyster po' boys, hush puppies, gumbo, and crab cakes. Then yesterday Lent started, and I was so happy. I must be way too self-indulgent if deprivation appeals to me so much...

Here are some photos I've taken since my last photographic post. This first one is an interesting snow configuration I saw on my lunchtime walk one day.


Here is a painting I did at another paint night, and the original for reference:




I promised to post a photo of the amaryllis that mysteriously showed up at Rich's house once it bloomed, and so I am, although it was not the prettiest flower ever.


Travalon and I met Bucky! This was outside the Alumni Center.


These are the cupcakes from Groundhog's Day. The first one is the big one we each ate that day, and the second photo is the box Travalon bought so we could have "Groundhog's Day all week!"



And here is a picture of the statue of Jimmy the Groundhog with the ear necklace around his neck.


Here is a picture of the prickly pear Travalon bought me for Valentine's Day. I bought him an old paycheck of Spencer Tracy's.


And, for reference, here is the similar cactus at the Domes.


Here is the little coral-colored narwhal I bought myself for no occasion whatsoever.


This is the sun catcher Travalon and I made for Rich for his Cleveland-themed birthday party. It says "0-16" because that was the Browns' record this past season.


Here are some pictures of the decorations at Rich's Cleveland-themed birthday party:




My Christmas cactus randomly bloomed this week! I wasn't expecting that.


And finally, here are the two things I got from Fired Up today. The first one is my improved mandolin magnet; please ignore the tape, which I can't take off for 24 hours while the glue holding the magnet onto the back dries. Anyway, you can see how the line to the right of the mandolin made a perfect musical note, and then I added the double eighth notes to the left.


This is the cactus scene Travalon and I made. The jackrabbit lost his whiskers, but because the background is black, it doesn't really matter. At least his eyes stayed in place!


Famous Hat

No comments: