Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Our Lives Post-Vacation, In Pictures


I have finally gotten all the photos off our real cameras and will post some more soon, but meanwhile here are some photos since we returned from the trip. This first one is the six-foot parlor palm Hardingfele told me about, which is now back in the corner.


Here are some photos from when Travalon and I went to Milwaukee. In front of City Hall there is a sculpture that looks like a big booger to me - and at night they light it up!



Then there were some koi on the sidewalk.


 Here is Travalon with a giant bobble-head of his childhood hero, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.


And here is the view from our 14th row seats at the Bucks game.


This cool narwhal piƱata is in a store on State Street, but it costs $150!


Here are some shots of the Tibetan monks performing sacred music and dance. The first is the Snow Lion dance.


This is the Rainbow Dance, with five dancers in different colors, only one couldn't get a visa so this rainbow only had four colors.


And I just thought this was a cool shot where you could see the monks' big hats, the giant drum that looks like a lollipop, and the things like alphorns.


Here Kathbert, Rich, and I are drowning underwater! This was before the show we went to, "Mr. B's Underwater Bubble Adventure." The photographer said Rich is the happiest-looking person he ever saw drowning.


Here is a photo of me holding my poem with the artwork that will accompany it on a bus someday.


Saturday was 4/20, so all the potheads were out celebrating. Check out this 420 balloon.


This little flower at Olbrich Gardens is so pretty.


And Travalon pointed out you could see the reflection of the Thai pavilion in the pool in front of it.


Today the Adoration Chapel was so full of flowers that I felt like I was in a greenhouse!


And finally, here is a short movie of the loud frogs at Holy Wisdom Monastery.


Famous Hat


No comments: