Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August Choro Session

 

Today I worked from home, and I couldn't even walk in the usual shady patch at lunch because some construction workers were having a picnic there, so I had to go find a smaller patch of shade. In the evening I went to choro, and it was so much fun tonight because we had three mandolins (or four, when the leader saw we were struggling and put down his guitar to pick up his mandolin and play melody), plus a couple of drummers, another guitar, the club owner on cello, and her employee on bass, and a guy playing piano and flute (not at the same time). It sounded great with so many of us! At eight they said, "One more song," but I had to go because I was leading Night Prayer... and then I got home with plenty of time to spare, so maybe I could have stayed for one more song.

On the social media page for Wisconsin and Southern, I saw someone had posted a video with some colorful graffiti, but he had filmed it at a weird angle so it didn't seem worth making screenshots. Then I saw the guy who makes videos of our neighborhood train had posted one... and it was the same train! His videos always provide very clear screenshots, so here you go:









And here are some more screenshots from Travalon's compilation video:

The infamous Kelsey Visconti makes another appearance:



This is a different train:











And here are some photos he took with his phone today in Mazomanie.







Here's the one I saw on campus right after giving blood!


There are a lot more from his compilation video, but this post is already long enough, so tune in tomorrow for more.


Famous Hat


No comments: