Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Travalon's Train Day

 

I forgot to mention that Monday night after Moldy Jam, Travalon and I took a walk and I saw a meteor. The big shower was last week and I forgot to look, although I heard it was too cloudy to see much. Then yesterday on the way home I saw a faint rainbow.

Today I worked on campus and walked with Seabird over lunch. She was also very enamored of my teal Aer Lingus hat with the lime green shamrocks. It's such a beautiful hat - I'm so happy that those ladies were willing to give them to us. Maybe they saw I was wearing a hat already and figured I'd actually wear it. It did seem like a lot of people were just carrying the hats around, or had them stuffed into bags.

On Saturday while I was at Irish Fest, Travalon had a train adventure. He started at the Portage rail yard and saw one CSX train. Then he stopped in Columbus but did not see a train there. He went to Slinger and saw a Canadian National train, then he went to Duplainville and saw two AmTrak trains and two Canadian National trains. He stopped in Pewaukee but didn't see a train there, and no trains in Oconomowoc, but in Watertown he saw a train after dark. He topped his day off with a Key lime martini at the North Side Lounge back in Madison. Here are some photos of the graffiti he saw. Actually, this first batch is from Thursday night at the Portage rail yard and the one in town.






















Sorry, Blogspot has abruptly decided that is enough photos for one post, so I'll have to do more tomorrow. There are also lots of great screenshots I can get from his videos, so stay tuned!


Famous Hat


No comments: