Today I had to be on campus because we were having orientation for the new grad students, and all the staff had to explain what we can do for them. We did get free lunch, which included a large, salt-encrusted chocolate chip cookie. Did you know you needed salt on your cookies? You do now. Usually I don't work on campus on Tuesdays, which may be why I forgot my computer at home this morning, but Travalon (that prince among men) brought it to me. He was driving my car Noelle, since she needed an oil change, so he had to do a lot of adulting this morning.
It was a sunny day at first, and I walked with Hardingfelde at lunch. Since I was on campus, I was able to go to the ice cream social at three, but just before that it began to rain, so I didn't see anyone outside of Birge Hall. I went inside and still didn't see anyone, so I sent a message to the organizer, and she said it was now inside of South Hall. I got some ice cream (which is just what I needed after eating a big cookie) and sat alone eating it, but then some bigwigs I knew arrived, so we started chatting. Pretty soon the place was full of people, but no FART 5 compadres, because none of them work on campus on Tuesdays. Of course when I left, it was sunny out once again... and I'd left my sunglasses in my office. At least people did like my Aer Lingus bucket hat.
I don't know if my regular readers missed train graffiti photos while I was posting about Irish Fest, but I did see a video on social media that had lots of amazing art.
It looked like there were some more cars coming along with beautiful graffiti, but then the video ended. Speaking of trains and art, while I was waiting for Travalon to pick me up, I heard a train crossing campus, but I was nowhere near a place to view it. Then Travalon said he was stuck behind it, so he was running late for a good reason... and then he texted me a couple of photos!
He has more photos on his good camera from his Train Day on Saturday, so I'll hope to blog about that tomorrow. He brought me to Adoration, and then it rained heavily, but it was done by the time I was done. He ducked into the State Street arcade and played some games while waiting for me. Then on the way home we thought a train was going to cross Commercial Avenue, but then it backed up into the rail yard instead. I've been too busy thinking about Irish stuff to give much thought to trains for the last five days, but it's good to be back in the hunt!
Famous Hat



No comments:
Post a Comment