This morning Travalon and I ran a few errands, then we drove separately, heading downtown to pick up Tiffy and then driving to Monroe Street to have lunch at the new Jamaican restaurant there, Fya Side. Travalon and I had jerk chicken, and Tiffy had goat curry. The Daughter of Denni was doing her usual birthday biking bar crawl, so we caught up with the group at the Laurel Tavern, where none of the beers appealed to me so I had a chocolate martini as we had great conversation. By the time the group was ready to head to Garth's, I still felt very buzzed, so Travalon, Tiffy, and I went next door to get ice cream. I was curious about the raspberry mustard flavor, but after trying a sample, I decided to go with half a scoop of key lime cheesecake and half a scoop of Zanzibar chocolate. Wow, were they ever good together! We took a walk to Wingra Park (where they now have a Loch Ness Monster peddle boat), then Travalon left to go swimming out in Sauk, while Tiffy and I joined the group at Garth's and just drank water. Eventually we all dispersed, and Tiffy and I went to Christy's Landing, since I'd been curious about it. There was a fundraiser there last weekend that we didn't attend due to the drizzly weather (and we missed a steel pan group), and then the group we knew yesterday went there for a fish fry. As you can see, it's a very picturesque location.
This post just wouldn't be complete without some train graffiti, and Travalon found some today in Mazomanie.
If 2024 was my Wondrous Year of the Dragon and 2025 was the year I got into Irish fiddling and Brazilian music, then 2026 is shaping up to be the year I'm all about train art.
Famous Hat














No comments:
Post a Comment