It's hard to say if I'll be able to blog for the next few days. I have a few minutes to blog this morning about yesterday. I worked from home in the morning, then my Shamrock Club buddy came and picked me up, and we drove to County Clare, an Irish-themed hotel and restaurant in Milwaukee. From there you can take their shuttle or The Hop to Irish Fest, so we chose the free shuttle. (Both are free, but the shuttle gets you right there.) That all worked smoothly, but then once we got off the shuttle, we went the wrong direction and were wondering why everyone else was wearing a black heavy metal concert T-shirt instead of green. At least someone appreciated my Irish Grateful Dead shirt. We got to a sign that said VIP to the left and regular admission to the right, so we went to the VIP one but were told it was a different kind of VIP, so we went to regular admission... and it was for a rock concert! We had to go all the way back to where we'd started and then a bit further to find the entrance to Irish Fest. My buddy had forgotten to get school supplies, but I had gotten a whole bunch of stuff at the Dollar Store, so I gave her the pencils and pencil sharpener, and I donated the erasers and pencil box, so we both got in free. Then we found the VIP lounge we had paid for, which has an excellent view of the main stage and also the sunset.
They gave us two guitar picks we could use to get free drinks, so my buddy got a drink, but when I asked for water they said they were all out of bottled water, so they gave me a glass of it from the tap, and I didn't have to give them a pick. We also got free snacks, then we looked into food options. When we did a search for "healthy" as a choice, check out what came up:
We laughed so hard! There were options for gluten free, so my buddy found some Irish stew, while I had a very glutinous chicken pie. We went shopping, and here is the swag I got:
The puffin seems to be their theme this year. I don't recall seeing puffins in Ireland; I did see tons of them in Alaska. I named this one Seamus, which is pronounced SHAY-mus, which is Irish for James. The hat - I don't need another hat, and I've been saving my points from giving blood to get a knit cap from the Red Cross in January, but I just loved the color of this one so much. Plus I have that money from the research study on aging to play with.
We saw two bands, and the second one, a trad all-women band from Ireland called Biird, were so good.
Here we are.
My buddy had to work at seven this morning, so we had to leave before Biird were done playing. We got to the shuttle pick-up spot just as it was about to leave, so our timing was perfect, and the ride home was very smooth. (There was a lot of traffic on the way there.) I drove, and my buddy had come to my place. Today I will go to her place, and she will drive, then we're staying in a hotel the next couple of nights - the very hotel where Travalon used to work when he and I first met! Crazy, hey? I will bring Boethius my computer in case I get a chance to blog at the hotel, but we may have late nights, and it might be Monday before you hear from me again.
Famous Hat








No comments:
Post a Comment