Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Having a "Bad at Everything" Day


Yesterday was kind of a bummer day for me. A cleaning team came to clean my old condo, and they thought it was the messiest place they had ever seen. Now I am not a neat freak, but surely I am not the messiest person ever…? But that’s what got me down – maybe I am! Then a coworker gave me a stern talking-to about my parking job. See, when the person I replaced retired, she left me her parking spot under the building, which is wonderful because Erin Caitlin O’Honda is protected from the elements. However, the parking spaces under the building seem narrower than the ones in the lot, where I had been parking, and I was right on the line. Technically I was still in my space, but he had a point, that I hadn’t left him much room. So then I was feeling really down, like I am the world’s worst housekeeper and car parker… and then the cleaning crew said they found mold in my old condo, so now instead of just getting it painted and recarpeted, I have to do something about that potential health hazard. And here I’d thought the condo might be ready for sale by the end of the month! Fortunately Slow Food was fun; one of the regulars brought her husband, who is a retired professor of theater, and both Rich and Luxuli were able to make it. Afterwards the three of us stopped briefly at a coffeehouse, so I brought Travalon a cookie from there to apologize for abandoning him for so long. Tonight I’m coming home late again because of Irish class, so add Wife to the category of things I am subpar at. At least I am better than average at learning Irish, or so they told me last week. But of course I failed to study since then…

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Travalon said...

Oh come on, you're a terrific wife! You can't help it that you just enjoy and value socialization more than the average person (or your introvert husband, who may seem subpar at times this winter now that basketball season is here, I'll try not to be a fanatic and watch everything though, mainly can't miss our #3 Badgers) Sorry about your awful Monday, the freezing cold weather on top of it doesn't help. Keep your head up !!

Travalon said...

To elaborate- I'm not always introverted, I really enjoy being around people and socialization to an extent, but also really value down time, quiet time and alone time. I am very, very thankful for all my new Madison friends. Good people!