Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Immigration and Popular Music


There has been a lot of talk about immigration lately. I agree that we need to do something about illegal immigration, but we should also make legal immigration easier. However, now it seems the administration is trying to do the opposite. This makes me sad not only because of what it does to people trying to flee terrible conditions, but also for what it would do to the music on the radio. Right now DJ Khaled and French Montana are played a lot on the station I listen to, and I love their music, but they came over from Pakistan and Morocco as children. And what about Rihanna? She is from Barbados, so she must also be an immigrant. Can you imagine popular music right now without her in it? I think all these immigrants are bringing fresh ideas to music, and it would be a shame to lose that. Just another reason we should welcome immigrants, not shut them out.

Famous Hat

No comments: