Thursday, September 14, 2017

Light Bright's Early Birthday Dinner


Last night I went to Light Bright’s house for her birthday, which isn’t actually until next Thursday. I had band practice first, so by the time I got there, it was just about time for her to put her little guy to bed. He is 22 months old now and so cute! He is very shy, but he loves music, so he was fascinated by my mandolin. After he went to bed, I gave Light Bright some bath “bombs,” since I figured a working mother could use a relaxing bath now and then! We had homemade soup and a dark chocolate bar that I had brought, and she wanted to hear all about my medical procedure. I had her laughing so hard, especially at the part where I came to after the surgery and announced to all the OR personnel: “I was canoeing!” That got us wondering about what the strangest things are that those people have heard as patients came out from under anesthesia. We also talked about The Rocky Horror Picture Show, a very strange movie I used to go to in college that has a lot of audience participation, and the musical The Book of Mormon, which she had recently seen and highly recommends. It was so good to talk to her! She is a very sane, down-to-earth person, and we always have a really good time when we get together about once a month. She says sometime this winter she will make some spicy hot chocolate for me. Hockey Girl has also promised to make me some hot cocoa, so at least I have something to look forward to when the weather gets cold.

Famous Hat

No comments: