Thursday, September 7, 2017

Nomadic Goddess


As Travalon and I were wandering this weekend, it occurred to me that I am a nomadic goddess rather than a domestic one. Household chores are not my strong suit, but I always seem to be prepared to hit the road. I think of all the things we need to bring, even little things like cold bottles of water to drink along the way, and then I refill them at the hotel and stick them in the mini fridge to be ready for the next day’s adventure. I always remember (knock on wood!) to pack my phone charger, whether at home or at the hotel – so far I haven’t left it anywhere! I even have a system for taking the mini shampoo bottles and soaps, since the housekeepers just throw them away if you don’t take them with you. I said to Travalon that it must be the 0.1% Mongolian in me, that I was like my ancestors who were always ready to pack up the yurt and move on, and he thought that was pretty funny. It’s ridiculous enough to blame my love of funk music on my 1% African heritage, but how much influence would 0.1% of my DNA hold over me? Still, I like to think that I am not a failure as a domestic goddess but just have a different skill set than the happy homemaker. (Yes, that is a MTM reference – Travalon and I are addicts!)

Famous Hat

No comments: