Saturday, March 31, 2018

Best Triduüm Ever?


Sorry for the lack of blogging, readers, but I have been busy Triduuming. Thursday evening Travalon and I went to the local church in Westport, where the newly-ordained priest enthusiastically chants everything. Then we went to the Nau-Ti-Gal for a quick drink. Good Friday I went to the service at my own parish, since our choir sings a lot at it. I felt oddly aware of my own mortality, as if I was on the edge of this world and the afterlife. Travalon and I went to the zoo afterwards, and the red panda was sleeping, but the porcupines were adorably eating carrots, and the meerkat was acting very cute too. In the evening Rich Bonomo and I went to the Lutheran Cathedral of the West for their Good Friday service, since my OTHER choir director is retiring at the end of this year so this would be his last one. We sang my favorite hymn, "Ah Holy Jesus," and another one I love, "Oh Sacred Head Now Wounded," and I felt very full of contrition.

Today Travalon and I went for a hike behind the private school on the shores of the Yahara River, and we discovered a little park area that seems to have no name. If it is private property, it isn't indicated anywhere. We had a wonderful view of the river from there. Hockey Girl and I tried the Laotian restaurant, which is really good, while Travalon went to watch the Final Four down at the Union. I am a basic b!+ch, and I like a priest who chants the Exultet, so for the Vigil I went back to Westport with the young priest. That was not a disappointment - he chanted everything! Then I came home and ate the ears off my Gail Ambrosius dark chocolate rabbit. What a great way to end Lent!

Famous Hat

No comments: