Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween Bach Lunch Concert



Today I went to another Bach lunch concert. Neither Kathbert nor Rich joined me, but Lute Player, Pete the Sailor Man, a bandmate of mine, and my OTHER choir director were all there. In the spirit of the holiday today, the opening piece was the “creepy” Toccata and Fugue in D Minor for organ that you always hear in horror movies – if you don’t know which one I mean, just google “BWV 565.” Then there was a cello suite in C Minor, and then we all sang a hymn that had harmony by Bach. The last thing was a cantata, and we sang on the closing chorale. At this concert I found out about another early music concert, but it’s the same evening I promised to go hear a disco cover band with Travalon. Why does everything have to happen at the same time? There are plenty of evenings with nothing going on, when I'd love to hear some music.

Famous Hat

No comments: