Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cuddly Sailboats



Now that I’m back to the workaday world, I don’t have so much to blog about. This morning I did wake up briefly because Shippy my cuddly cruise ship fell on the floor – I heard it, but then I looked and couldn’t see it, so I fell back asleep. Then when I really had to get up, there was Shippy – it had rolled a little under the bed, which is why I couldn’t see it while lying in bed. Then this afternoon I met up briefly with Travalon, and we saw a sailboat docked for the season called Boaty McBoatface, which is sort of what Shippy is named after, and that made me wonder if there are any cuddly sailboats. Of course there are, but they are all made by women in Australia, so while the prices aren’t bad, I’m sure the shipping costs would be horrendous. I did find a pattern, so I emailed Ma Hat to ask if she could make it. One thing I’m sure of is that I couldn’t do it myself! Also, while these cuddly sailboats are adorable, I have to wonder if they would really be as fun to snuggle with as Shippy, because their shape isn’t as conducive to hugging. Too bad Christmas and my birthday just passed, because now I would have to wait a whole year to ask anyone for a cuddly sailboat when they wonder what I’d like for a present.

Famous Hat


No comments: