Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween with Famous Hat

I hope all 4.25 of my readers had a fantastic Halloween. I went to a candlelight hike at a state park with Tiffy, A-Fooze and her lab mate, Cecil Markovitch, the single B-Boy, Anna Banana II, and Richard Bonomo, and none of them wore costumes, so I didn't wear the hazmat suit. (Then again, that could have led to some really interesting questions, if not a state park to ourselves.) As it turned out, nobody there wore costumes but the children. We were most fascinated by the lights we could see bobbing around on top of the bluffs now and then. I assume they were intrepid (i.e., crazy) hikers who were counting on their flashlights and the full moon to provide enough light so that they didn't fall off the bluffs and kill themselves. Then again, it would be a pretty cool story when you got to Heaven (or whichever way you are going): "Yeah, it was Halloween, and there was a full moon, when I fell to my death from a bluff at Devil's Lake!" That would be a much better way to say you died than, say, getting squished by a soda machine you were trying to shake the change out of, or the two poor fools who died when I was at the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona years ago. If you are going to die at Pamplona, wouldn't you at least want to die a respectable, manly death by getting trampled or preferably gored by a bull? Rather than, say, passing out in the street and then being run over in the early hours by the street cleaning machine? (I swear I am not making that up.)

Then yesterday Tiffy, Anna Banana II, A-Fooze and El Fiance, Richard Bonomo, and I went to the local corn maze, and I am happy to report we are all now "Maze Masters." We even have certificates to prove it (except for Tiffy, who forgot hers in my car). This is the second year in a row that we have been Maze Masters, but our first time as Mer-Maze Masters, since the maze looked like a mermaid this year. All the lines were curved instead of straight, which made it much more difficult, so we really earned that Mer-Maze Master designation!

Tiffy told us this weekend that when she is watching infomercials on TV, she has only one weakness and that is for food processors. The thing is, she is always very satisfied with them. She was raving about her latest purchase and how well it works with its three blades. (I can't say too much about it, since I don't want to be accused of advertising it, and besides I have no personal experience with it.) However, this did get me started wondering: if I had a TV, and if I watched infomercials, what would be my weakness? Do they ever sell exotic plants via infomercial? I mean, I don't even get spam about exotic plants! I am still waiting for the day when I get an email in my spam filter that says something like:

Cyclad browout! Do and you shop for exoitc plants, orchid, other frora? We are your source for all your. cycad needs. We have "sago" palm, cy cad, many beautiful frowels at cheapest price!! Also prant supplies dirt pots etc.

But alas, all I ever get are emails from people who want to send me large checks from African nations or set me up with Christian singles.

Famous Hat

No comments: