Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mad Props to IT

The IT people where I work usually do not seem to be very helpful. Every time I contact them, it seems like their advice is to reboot. Obviously I know by now that they will suggest this, so by the time I contact them, I already know rebooting isn’t solving the problem. But I have to give mad props to them this week because they really came through for me with some saved data. For reasons I cannot explain, a folder I had full of subfolders suddenly only had documents in it – the subfolders had completely disappeared. I asked IT if they could get me the folder from a month ago, but that didn’t help – the subfolders were still gone except for two of them. So then I asked if they could go way back… and they could! Thanks, IT people! You really came through when I needed you. I’m so glad they save all that backed up data. Of course, whoever made the subfolders disappear the first time might work their magic again, but now I know that IT will be able to help me out.

Famous Hat

No comments: