Monday, February 6, 2012

Serious Post

Today the B Boys’ father passed away. It was not a surprise, since he had been ailing for a long time, and last week he took a drastic turn for the worse. While the family was in a conference with the doctor, Cecil Markovich and I prayed over him. It was a very long conference, so we prayed all four sets of mysteries of the rosary and a Divine Mercy chaplet, and then Cecil had to leave so I sang hymns. I do not know what hymns Mr. B particularly liked, so I sang him my favorites. Every time I stopped singing, he got restless, so I kept singing until the family returned. We were unsure how much he was aware of at that time, but Richard Bonomo and I went to see him a few nights ago, and he was conscious and nodding and even trying to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet with us. This is a man who will probably not have to spend much time in Purgatory, and I feel honored that I was able to pray with him before he slipped away. Hopefully he is now praying for all of us.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Thank you for being with Mr B on his last days. That was really beautiful

Famous Hat said...

I went to the wake on Thursday night and the funeral on Friday, and they were both lovely. Nobody is very worried about what direction Mr. B is going.