Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Positively Challenging

My office mate Light Bright is taking a class on Counseling, and she said I should issue a challenge to all my readers to incorporate these exercises into our thinking to make us more positive and responsible.

Challenge #1: Add “and I take responsibility for it” to the end of each sentence. For example, “Today is sunny, and I take responsibility for it.”

Challenge #2: Use “and” instead of “but” in your sentences. For example, instead of saying, “Chocolate has a lot of calories but I love it,” say, “Chocolate has a lot of calories and I love it.” Not too hard, is it?

Challenge #3: Replace “can’t” with “won’t.” Take ownership of the issue! For example, instead of, “I can’t walk through walls,” say, “I won’t walk through walls.” It’s your choice!

Challenge #4: Use personal pronouns, so replace “people” and “they” with “I.” For example, instead of saying, “People sometimes win the lottery,” say, “I sometimes win the lottery.” That is so much more positive. It is positively positiver.

Challenge #5: Add “now I am aware” before each statement. For example, “Now I am aware there is a box of chocolate in the other room and the door is locked, and I won’t walk through the wall no matter what I say."

So, gentle readers, go forth and think positive thoughts!

Famous Hat

4 comments:

Hardingfele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hardingfele said...

Deleted due to thinking of a better story to incorporate the sentences. Now that I am aware of one, I will post it

Catherine Arnott Smith said...

Now I [Challenge #4] am aware [Challenge #5] of how funny you can be, I know I won’t [Challenge 3] ever be able to write a blog as good as yours, and I take responsibility for it [Challenges 1 and 2].

Famous Hat said...

Hardingfele, where did you post your comments?

Banjo Player, I acknowlege your superior commenting skills. I bow down to the master (mistress?).