Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Anti-Post Malone Post



I should have been paying more attention – my recent poem about swans was a milestone on this blog because it was my 2000th post! My blogging has slowed down somewhat these days, but that is a lot of posts! I think my favorite is still this one.

Yesterday Travalon asked me if I know the song by Post Malone called “Better Now,” because he has to listen to the hip hop station at work, and they play that song all the time. I said yes, I hate that song and everything I’ve ever heard by Post Malone. In fact, I looked him up on Wikipedia and found out he is some rich kid whose dad bought him a career, which explains how he got so far without any talent. Travalon was inspired by all this to send a message to the hip hop radio station, asking them to quit playing “Better Now.” I doubt that his plan will work, because someone wants them to play that song over and over. In fact, on my short ride from the transfer point to home, I heard it yesterday, and that was like a six-minute drive. The question is, who wants to hear this song all the time? Is it really the kids who listen to this station, or is Daddy paying for the song to get played all the time? The only positive is that popular songs usually last about two weeks, so we have at most a fortnight of this torture left.

Famous Hat


No comments: