Friday, August 3, 2018

Photos of a Famous Hat Summer


It has been awhile since I posted any photos, so here is a view of my summer so far. First are a couple of shots of plants I got at the Ladies' Night, two air plants and the succulent garden in a wine bottle.




Here is a shot of the Steely Dan concert we went to:


These are some funny mushrooms I found while on my lunchtime walk at my previous job:


Behold my new Farmers' Market cactus that looks like a pickle!


Rich's rosebush bloomed in this lovely configuration:


Here is a shot of Travalon and me in the boat at our health club's picnic:


This is the unicorn bobblehead we got at the Mallards game. We traded the second one for the light-up unicorn horn - see below for a video of me wearing it!


I like the way the people at my new job think! Check out this poem on the break room fridge. I particularly like the new adverb "chocolately."


Following are some shots of the fireboat ride we took on Sturgeon Bay with Anna Banana II and Jilly Moose.





Here are some shots from Cave Point County Park:



The giant Lombardi Trophy at Lambeau Field!


Next are some shots from our Fourth of July camping trip. First, our tent at night:


This is the lovely beach at Castle Rock (Juneau) County Park:


And the other place we swam, Mill Bluff State Park:


I love the carillon on campus, and now I walk by it all the time:


Here is a shot Travalon's friend's wife took of the Capitol when we saw the 80's band on the roof of the Monona Terrace:


At Concert on the Square, I took this shot of the sunset making the Capitol all rosy:


Here are a couple of shots of us at Restaurant Week, when we heard Banana Wind at Mariner's and Bahama Bob at Captain Bill's:



I signed up for "New Employee Orientation" after only fourteen years on campus, mostly so I could get a campus tour on the trolleybus:


Here is a shot showing the beautiful springs feeding into Token Creek:


This is the view out of my office window!


Our department sometimes makes T-shirts. It took me five minutes of pondering the Cyrillic to figure out what this one said:


Did you figure it out? It's "Wisconsin"! This one of the Scandinavian vowels is also really cool, but the lines are not actually part of the shirt, and I had to laugh at my reflection in this picture:


Here Travalon and I are at the Flamingle Party. I will blog about that soon.


They finally installed the tile I had made for our anniversary on the Monona Terrace rooftop. Here you can see the view from our tile facing the Capitol and the lake:



Here are our clay cacti! First is a shot of them when we first made them, then after they had been fired once and we painted them, and then the finished pieces. To me, Travalon's looks like a Dr. Seuss cactus. His is far more imaginative than mine are.




Finally, a couple of videos: me wearing the light-up unicorn horn, and the white-faced gibbons singing at the zoo! When we sang back to them, they were really fascinated, but I didn't make a video of that.




Famous Hat

No comments: