Thursday, February 22, 2024

Sea Creatures in Bimini

 

Today I worked on campus again, and it was in the sixties, so I enjoyed the weather but didn't feel good about it. Sixties?? In FEBRUARY?? That's just wrong! I don't have much else to say about the day, so enjoy some photos of stuff we acquired on this trip. First, from the antiques shop in El Paso (Illinois), I got a beaded cross, a necklace (which I wore to work yesterday and today), and a graceful ceramic crane. The cross and necklace hardly cost anything.


At the same place, Travalon got this old gas sign.


He got this little gas pump from an antiques shop in Tennessee.


I got the rosary on the left from the Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche in St. Augustine, Florida, and the one on the right was in a basket of giveaway rosaries at the church in Mobile, Alabama. I really wanted a rosary from Mississippi, but we never encountered one.


These pretty little ornaments were from the gift shop at the Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine. The Fountain of Youth on Bimini has no gift shop. It just has a well and a couple of benches.


This travel mug is from Elvis's birthplace gift shop in Tupelo, Mississippi. It doesn't actually indicate that it has anything to do with Elvis, but as a musician I love the design.


And here is a short movie I made of the videos Travalon shot of the jellyfish (which are apparently Cassiopea or "upside down jellyfish" although they weren't upside down) and sharks of two varieties: nurse and bull.


And as a bonus, here is Ming the Red Panda on the job, being warmed up in the microwave:


Enjoy these videos!


Famous Hat


No comments: