Sunday, January 25, 2009

Triathlon, Trischmathlon

So yesterday I went to the health club and ran for three miles. I know what you are thinking - big whoopie, Famous Hat! Tell me when you run THIRTY miles! Here's the most pathetic part: it took me 45 minutes to accomplish this measly goal. And today... I am SORE. Today stairs are not my friends.

I didn't even run the entire three miles; about half of it I power-walked at 3.5 miles an hour, and the other half I ran at 4.6 miles an hour. (Does that come out to 0.75 hours? Math never was my best subject, but as you can see, neither was gym class!) The good news: I have nowhere to go but up from here. The bad news: I have pretty far to go up, if I want to run three miles in a reasonable amount of time, after having swum several hundred yards and biked ten miles.

I am so sore that I didn't even join a group who went snowshoeing today. Of course, considering that the temperature was about 8 degree Fahrenheit today, I might have skipped it even if my legs didn't feel like they were about to fall off. What a bummer... we finally have a snowy winter and it's too cold to enjoy! My pets are reaping the benefits, since I have been spending a lot of time playing with them. And my cleaning addiction continues unabated - thank goodness! - although today I didn't do much cleaning. Too sore...

Famous Hat

No comments: