Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Biking Etiquette

On my daily ride to work, I observed two things today that struck me as being contrary to biking etiquette. Does anyone out there in the blogosphere know? Is there a set of rules? The first thing I saw was after two very fast bikers passed me, and the second one started drafting the first one, although it didn't seem as if they were together. Is it rude to draft someone you don't know? (By "draft" I mean ride so closely behind another biker that he protects you from wind resistance, like geese flying in a V behind a leader.) The second thing that happened is that someone had "reserved" a space in the bike rack by leaving a lock on a particular space. Since it is a fairly crowded bike rack, I thought that was rude and just went ahead and parked in that space anyway. (I was not so rude as to lock that lock up with my lock!) We'll see... perhaps I will leave work tonight to find Eusebius with two slashed tires. They can't slash his seat because that is already cracked anyway.

On a completely different topic, here are some lovely photos my bandmate and fellow member of my OTHER choir took of the church we sang at the Sunday before last.


Figure 1: View of Chapel from Choir Loft


Figure 2: View of Congregation from Choir Loft

Figure 3: View of Main and Side Altars

Figure 4: Choir Loft


Figure 5: Stained Glass Window behind Choir Loft


Famous Hat

No comments: