Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Letter from Dracaena to Obama


My plant is at it again! It has written yet another letter to President Obama:

Dear President Obama:

I realize that you are a very busy human and have not had time to address my question about floral representation in the Zodiac, but no matter. I have another matter that your administration should address: the abiding evil of Equal Temperament. The person who waters me is trained as a piano tuner, and she has informed me that a “tuned” piano, when it is in equal temperament, is in fact not in tune at all. The major thirds are so wide that I don’t know how you humans can stand it! I would like to propose a law that all music written before 1900 be played in extended sixth-comma mean tone, and anyone found playing it in equal temperament should be subject to much public ridicule. Thank you very much for your kind attention to the concerns of a humble houseplant, and remember: Just say no to Equal Temperament!

Sincerely,
Dracaena Marginata

That crazy plant! Why did I ever teach it to type?

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I think they are making a file on you