Monday, December 14, 2009

Messiah: CROSS-Approved

Friday during our performance of the Messiah, the licorice stick did not do sudoku. Everything went perfectly, and Citizens for the Return Of Sanity to Sound (CROSS) is proud to endorse this non-equal temperament performance. I don't know if it was recorded, so this may be a moot point anyway. Afterwards, some of us in the choir went out for a drink and talked about which bluegrass jams in town we played in.

Saturday Tiffy came to town, and we went to her niece's choir's performance in the afternoon, then in the evening we went to a handbell concert with Anna Banana II, and the Artist Formerly Known As Banjo Player was there, as well as some people from my OTHER choir. The final piece (other than the encore) was the "Halleluja Chorus." Huh, seems like I just sang that!

Sunday all my plans went awry. Tiffy and I overslept and missed morning Mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Sobriety, then we had brunch with Richard Bonomo and A-Fooze. The church had been decorated for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and A-Fooze told us how beautiful it was. She took about a hundred pictures, so hopefully I will have some to post here soon. Then I was planning to go skiing with Hardingfele, since the snow was perfect, but somehow the afternoon slipped away and she went without me. Finally I went to evening Mass at OLPS, and to my extreme disappointment, the Guadalupe decorations had all been taken down so I never got to see them! That evening we had pizza at Rich's house, and Anna Banana II mentioned how beautiful the decorations had been. When Kathbert asked what they were like, Rich said, "It was a tacky, plastic, fake Classical arch covered with flowers and balloons," so I take it he does not share the opinions of A-Fooze and Anna Banana II. I asked if they were Doric or Corinthian columns, and he said, "Corinthian." When A-Fooze sends me pictures, you can decide for yourself whether the decorations are beautiful or tacky.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

But I am dying to know if the licorice stick did Sudoku during the performance

Famous Hat said...

I kind of answered that in the FIRST sentence of this post

WV: wayingli - I no like wayingli spell, it no like spaniway

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Oh right. My word is quearloa, which sounds like a cross between some Hawaiian name and a sound that a cat may make while throwing up a hairball