Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Interview with Plants Chez Bonomo

Right now I am at Rich's house, typing on his computer Aquinas. My four biggest plants are right in front of me, and on the table with me is a huge, beautiful scarlet poinsettia that our organist sent Rich to thank him for hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I can't think of anything to say today, so I am interviewing the plants:

FH: How do you like living Chez Bonomo so far?
Greg: The southern exposure light is awesome!
Jolly Bob: I really dig the skylight too.
The Professor: He does keep it kind of cool in here. Not that I'm complaining.
Dr. Cheung: It's almost as great as Hardingfele's old office window!
Poinsettia: Look at me! Aren't I gorgeous?

FH: So tell me about Christmas at Rich's house.
Greg: The decorations were weird, for example no tree, but there was a wedding dress hanging from the loft.
Jolly Bob: Yeah, I liked Kathbert's dad's flag hanging there better.
The Professor: All these people sat in here drinking some strange-looking water, kind of thick and yellow, and then they sang songs. Then they went out in some other room and we couldn't see them.
Dr. Cheung: Later a few of them came back and swung some hats around. The hats were wearing sunglasses and had little instruments hanging from them. Then some other people were playing real instruments. Humans have some odd Christmas traditions!
Poinsettia: Can you believe how red I am? So lovely!

Rich: How are you faring with the benign neglect of your host?
Greg: That's the best part!
Jolly Bob: He never notices when we sneak upstairs and drink out of the dragon faucet.
The Professor: Shut up! You weren't supposed to mention that!
Dr. Cheung: Actually, I prefer the other bathroom with the bidet and the jacuzzi.
Poinsettia: It's just not Christmas without a poinsettia!

Rich: Which of my houseguests did you like the best?
Greg: Whichever one is leaving.
Jolly Bob: Famous Hat, of course!
The Professor: I like you best of all. To heck with your guests.
Dr. Cheung: I'm going to have to go with Jolly Bob's answer on this one. I really liked that blue water Famous Hat gave us for Christmas.
Poinsettia: I love everyone who notices how beautiful I am!

Famous Hat

No comments: