Monday, August 22, 2011

Meeting the Parrot

Last night I finally got to meet the parrot. Kathbert and A-Joz came too, since they were also possibly interested in owning the parrot, and Richard Bonomo came along out of curiosity. Toque McToque took us over to Mom McToque’s house to meet Sunny, a small yellow parrot with an orange head and green wings. She was very pretty and quite friendly, but her current owner reminded us that she does have a loud squawk, so in the end none of us went home with Sunshine. However, Kathbert really wants the parrot, so I’m sure it won’t be long before she caves.

In the afternoon, before meeting the parrot, I went to a local ethnic festival (what ethnicity? all of them) with Jilly Moose, Luxuli, and her husband. Luxuli and I wore the same skirt, the same color blouse, and black hats with wide brims. I don’t have a picture, but Jilly Moose took one. Anyway, we looked like twins, if Luxuli were my much thinner and more Korean twin. We watched one of my former bands play, and there have been quite a few personnel changes so now there is only one woman in the band. Knowing this woman, I’m sure she likes it that way. Imagine a woman in her 60’s who dresses like she is in her early 20’s and looks like she hasn’t eaten since her teens. She must have heard thin was in and figured in that case, the starvation look is what gets looks. The band is still really good, and it was fun to hear those songs I used to play all the time. Still, I did not get nostalgic for being in the band. Some things are better enjoyed from a safe distance.

Famous Hat

No comments: