Friday, August 19, 2011

Praying Myself Fit

Sadly, the little palm tree that was growing in my red dracaena’s pot died, but I have a new mystery plant growing in the pot with my baby mango tree. It is a monocot and looks very much like a calla lily. How random is that?

They say to fight fire with fire (but they also point out that the fire department uses water), so I have a new plan for weight loss. Since my slow metabolism seems to be directly linked to my Irish genes, why not get in shape in a very Irish Catholic sort of way, say by praying the rosary? I have been walking home while praying it and running a rosary at the health club. This idea occurred to me because I am good about doing my daily prayer routine, so what if I exercised while praying? While I have not actually lost any weight yet, people say I am looking fitter lately. Of course, this only works with exercise I can do while focusing on prayer. I do not foresee doing pushups while praying the Sacred Heart Chaplet – too distracting.

Anyway, this is my plan for praying myself fit. If it succeeds, maybe I will write a best-selling book about it, and you my faithful readers can say you read me when.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Toque McToque said...

Psst: there are already books about this kind of diet. ;)

Famous Hat said...

A lot of diet books seem to be the same, yet they keep getting published and hitting #1. Therefore I contend there is a market for the "Rosary Fitness Program" book.