Tuesday, July 28, 2015

No Boat Ride Last Night


Last night Travalon and I went out for a sunset boat ride, but the motor wouldn’t start. Travalon tried everything and even called Rich to see if he had any insights, but nothing worked, so we finally had to give up. Oddly enough, when Travalon tried starting the motor this morning, it started right up. I always wonder in cases like that if our guardian angels were keeping us from going out because something bad might have happened to us. I am a big one for trusting my instincts and sometimes don’t do something because I have a bad feeling about it. Hardingfele once asked me if I am ever right, and I avoided something bad, but there has never been a case that was obvious. I just assume my not being present kept the bad situation from happening. For example, if I had driven my usual route home, maybe I would have been hit by a car running a red light, but because I wasn’t there, the car didn’t hit anyone. I have never had an obvious situation like those people who just felt like going into work late on September 11, 2001, and they couldn’t explain why. Then again, maybe our boat motor is just finicky and it was too hot/flooded/who knows what last night but the problem resolved by this morning.

Famous Hat

No comments: