Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Freakfest 2015


I completely forgot to mention in yesterday’s post that Travalon really wanted to see Freakfest down on State Street, so we went to that after leaving Rich’s house. I hadn’t been there in years, and I remembered it being really insane and the sort of thing I try to avoid. However, the costumes were often quite amazing, and usually very entertaining. These days the party is an official one, with security personnel and a $5 cover charge, so things are a lot tamer. There is live music as well. I was disappointed by the costumes: everyone seemed to be either a banana, a minion (like from the movies), or Chewbacca. I did see one group that was the people from Scooby-Doo, with a cardboard Mystery Machine, but they didn’t have a Scooby-Doo with them. One guy was dressed like an outlet, and another guy was a crayon, and that was about it for cool costumes. Maybe it was the rotten weather, but I didn’t even see the usual sexy costumes on the girls this year. I’m not sure why bananas are so popular this year, but maybe it’s because Brian the dog from Family Guy always dresses up in a banana suit.

Travalon and I tried to go to a bar on State Street, but they were all totally packed. We ended up heading back home to the Nau-Ti-Gal, where their Halloween party was just winding down. The musicians were just packing up as we arrived. The costumes there were more homemade, and the drinks were really good – I had pumpkin-infused brandy and Travalon had an amazing White Russian that tasted just like a chocolate milkshake. In case you are curious, Travalon and I did not dress up as anything. In the old days I was creative for Halloween, but this year I couldn’t think of anything to do. Perhaps I went as a boring, middle-aged married woman.

Famous Hat


1 comment:

Travalon said...

Won't feel any urge to go to Freak fest again next year. Its' out of my system now.