Monday, November 2, 2015

Return to Roche-a-Cri


I hope all my readers had a great weekend. Friday I had a quiet evening and talked to Ma Hat on the phone for a long time. Saturday the weather was kind of rotten; Travalon and I had been planning to attend the Badger football game, but we decided against it, since it rained all day long. I did have to get some bloodwork done, but the good news (I got the results today) is that my numbers are already improved over early October, and I have only been running for a couple of weeks. Wow, those are some fast results! I will definitely keep running! The tests required fasting, so afterwards Travalon and I had breakfast at the Heritage CafĂ©, and then we watched the game on TV from the warmth and dryness of our living room. The movie theater in Sun Prairie was showing The Jungle Book, which is one of my favorite movies, so we went to that, and then we went to Rich’s house to help him decorate for Halloween and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. Kathbert also joined us for dinner. We had very nerdy conversation (poor Travalon!) about musical modes and what the chemical structure of fake vanilla could be that makes me so crazy when I eat it. (We never did figure that one out.)

Yesterday was much more beautiful, so Travalon and I headed back to Roche-a-Cri State Park to do some hiking with Rodney. We took the long trail, so thanks to the wonders of the time change, we almost ran out of daylight before heading to Rabbit Rock, a small park in Adams County just north of Roche-a-Cri. There was still enough light for us to follow a trail around the rock and, according to my iPhone, we went up the equivalent of seven flights of stairs, so with going up the choir loft at my church and the stairs to our condo, my grand total for yesterday was twelve flights of stairs. I also took over fifteen thousand steps yesterday. This morning I was kind of sore… The only bad thing about yesterday was that sad Packer game. They can’t win them all, and at least they were beaten by an undefeated team, but both the offense and the defense just looked awful last night in Denver. The safety was the final insult. But they are still our Packers, and I love them win or lose. Unlike any other team in the NFL, we can count on them to stay with us forever.

Famous Hat


No comments: