Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Happy Mardi Gras!


Happy Mardi Gras! Has everyone decided what to give up for Lent? Our parish priest suggested social media, which isn’t a totally bad idea except that nowadays people post all their really important announcements there so you might not know Aunt Hilda died until Easter. Last year I gave up listening to music in the car, instead listening to my Irish CDs, and my Irish did improve immensely. However, Lent isn’t really supposed to be about improving your linguistic skills, or losing weight, even if people do often treat it that way. I feel like I have been living large for the last few months and have actually been sort of looking forward to an excuse to live a little more simply, even if it is less fun.

Did everyone wear beads today? I did, and coworkers were like, “Oh, is it Mardi Gras today?” Travalon and I will be celebrating at a party at Union South after my Irish class. I will let everyone know tomorrow how that went. Meanwhile, party like you can’t for forty more days! 

Famous Hat

No comments: