Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Immediate Seatnig


A German restaurant in town, the Essen Haus, has a sign outside of it that is a beer barrel with a lit sign below it that states: “Immediate Seatnig.” I have previously posted a photo of it on this blog. The other day I was walking by the barrel, and it looked caved in, so I thought age and weather had finally taken its toll on the wood. However, as I got to the front of it, I could see someone had destroyed the “Immediate Seatnig” sign. What is wrong with people? Why ruin something so harmless that gave people a laugh? It shouldn’t surprise me, considering what horrible things people do to one another, but somehow it still catches me off-guard when people are so purposely atrocious. From the way this sign is ruined, it does not look like something happened by accident but that someone must have crushed the barrel and then grabbed the “Immediate Seatnig” part of the sign and pulled it apart. Probably some drunk person, and perhaps that is the danger of having a funny sign near a bar, but outside where nobody can keep an eye on it. I don’t know if the Essen Haus plans to fix the sign; I drive by it every day on my way to work, and as of this morning it was still a mess. And if they fix it, will they correct the spelling? That’s my real fear.

Famous Hat

No comments: