Thursday, March 23, 2017

Late Winter Pictorial Post


It is time, once again, for a pictorial post. First are a couple shots of the old Shakespeare folio Travalon and I saw at the university library, showing how they used two capital Vs instead of a W on the title pages. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the title page that said: "Romeo and Ivliet."



Next are the two Valentine's Day presents Travalon gave me: an ornament of Ireland and a pin based on a design in the Book of Kells.



Here are three pages from my adult coloring book. It was a wonderful winter pastime, but I haven't been coloring in it lately. Of course, now it is spring!




This is a picture of the Lake Windsor Country Club, so you can see how beautiful it is. I would have loved to have our wedding reception there except a) I didn't know about it at the time, and b) we couldn't have afforded it anyway.


Ma Hat sent me this photo of her Plant World, which rivals mine and has way more color:


This beautiful sunset was what I saw when I voted in the primaries.


And finally, astute readers may remember the photo of the magenta Christmas cactus bloom I posted a couple of months ago. Just last week my white Christmas cactus bloomed at work. It is so fun to have flowers at work!


I hope you have enjoyed this late winter pictorial post. Soon I may post short videos of the bands we saw at the World Music Festival last month.

Famous Hat

No comments: